Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
  • ¡Welcome to InfoServ!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: SOLVED Another 2nd failed Problem (SIM2.10)
Thread Modes
Good day All,

DM800se
clone (sunray SR4 D6 with wifi)
SIM2.10
2nd Failed - Boot no ca found

I received a replacement motherboard from the vendor for my dead box and powered it on with old my SIM it is saying (in red) 2nd Failed?. It shows a picture of a processor with an x through it beside a usb stick then says “boot no ca found”

I have connected the USB mini cable & lan cable and able to communicate with the box.

Dreamup/sunray connects but it hangs with the message “upload completed waiting for acknowledge” after sending the flash loader;

Optiflasher managed to send flashloader and put box in http flash mode with fixed IP (192.168.1.77) and I managed to upload image and SSL via the browser, reboot button does not work but manual reboot takes me back to the 2nd failed, no ca state.

Info screen on the Http page is mostly blank see attachment

NCF connects and makes the box boot into the image (the one I loaded) but a reboot brings back the 2nd failed no ca error.

Also when the box boots with whichever image including my backups it does not recognize the 801A RevM tuner.

Could my Sim be bad? if the sim is bad is the tuner nor recognized?
Is there a way to check the sim?

Appreciate your expert advise!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Try to flash image or bootloader for sim2.10 (ssl84b) by optiflasher with "Null modem cable only without Network lan." method..
[Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]

Thanks fairbird, Yes that is the only way (without lan) to load the flash image to the box using opti flasher, I have tried more than 20 images including my working backups. nothing works.

As I said I can boot all images via NCF (2.1 &2.5) but the tuner is not found and can not use the remote to select one.

Do I need a good sim to use the tuner (Alps 801A RevM)

Is there a way to repair the sim or make a copy, I have many old GSM sim cards.

I have attached a dmesg fiel from the box, appreciate your advise.

Attached Files
.txt   dmesg.txt (Size: 29.94 KB / Downloads: 18)

For fix and repair sim you need for sim2 "Gemplus GPR PCMCIA" or similar
[Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]
and also you need this software "DM_Sims"
but i don't think problem from sim if box booting after using NCF...better make sure what sim you have can you take pictures from sim and upload it here...also try to flash old bootloader as like SSl80 or SSl82

Thanks again, I tried DM_sims with no luck, it does not connect (see screen), I am quite sure that the sim is bad.

I think that Yassinov's NCF is a smart program that tricks the box to boot from ssl loaded to ram or flash as I can boot the box without the sim.

My question is why is the tuner not recognized when I boot the box with NCF?

Is the there a check for the SIM to select the tuner (801 RevM)?

attached images as reqquested

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Tuner not recognized" this come if you use image have drivers not compatible with box...so you need to flash right image with right drivers, if your box booting as i mentioned sim is ok, There is no relationship between tuner and sim, sim is just for security to box ...
so do this:
1-Try to flash image with old bootloader ssl76 and use "Fix Bad Sector "Sectors Recovery" method see here how to..
2-if box booting fine and tuner work ok then flash last bootlader ssl84b by "Flashing by Network lan only" method..
3-then flash any new image with bootloader SSl84b by "Flashing by Network lan only" method..
About sim card reader as im mentioned must be use that cardreader or smellier

Thank you fairbird , Well fol is what I did;

The sim reader is good as I can connect to a GSM sim using DM_sims, then is says atr not found PM atr; but cant connect to the DM800se sim.

As for the Tuner, I am using a backup of my image, which worked fine with the RevM tuner, I will try a another image again and let you know.

I can confirm that the box boots without the sim using NCF, so my conclusion is that it there is a crosscheck between the sim and tuner.

Can someone who has a dm800se cover open remove the sim and try to boot , if it says no ca, use NCF/USB only/ repair noca/ send ssl/ and check is the tuner is recognized when the box is running. kindly let me know. This will not write the ssl as the sim is not there and do no damage to the box or image.

Thank you all.

If the sim corrupted the box never boot again...if your box booting this mean your sim fine...as i mentioned the sim is just for security and booting with bootloader nothing more..
About Card reader not all card reader can read sim card for dreambox as you said "atr not found" this art is dedicated for sim and your card reader can not read it..

Thanks for the reply,

Beleive me! just try if you have a DM800se and NCF, the clone box boots without the sim, Yassinovs program is smart, it can trick the box to boot without the sim. I wish I had a way to show you. Hope that guru Yassinov confirms that the clone box can boot with NCF when no sim.

Sim reader is good as I can read atr off DM_sims for any other sim card. I know this for sure. Can read many type sims with this reader.

Sim does a tuner check, I found the following from my old (saved) and current dmesg commands. That is the CA check in the fol.

Old dmesg with good SIM
DVB: registering new adapter (BCM7405)
autodetecting NIMs...
ret: 2, feid: 13
Found: Slot A, ID: 13 (by CA)
Initializing adapter 0 (BCM4505-DVB-S2)
bcm4506: found 4505, revision 0(b0)
bcm4506: bcm_initAP
bcm4506: upload & start firmware
enable tsm0
bcm4506: bcm4506: ap not running - start now
bcm4506: uCode 0x5a
bcm4506: no bcm3445 detected
i2c_enable_adc failed! -145
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (bcm4506)...
registered vtuner vtuner0, minor 58

Current dmesg with no bad SIM/ or booted with NCF
DVB: registering new adapter (BCM7405)
registered vtuner vtuner0, minor 59
registered vtuner vtuner1, minor 58
fe_common: retrying i2c transfer
fe: write ret=-145
enable tsm0

Thanks Yassinov, Yes the box is a D6 version Sunray SR4 (clone) sim 2.10, the image is sim 2 ver in flash.

NCF is super, it boots the box without the sim.

I can telnet/DCC/FTP to the box after NCF boot to install IPK etc. So which patch should I use?

Waiting for your advice!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation [Request] no ca or image 2nd failed SUNRAY SR4 (dm800se clone) HELP plz sunhouse2 1 4,924 08-23-2017, 02:11 PM
Last Post: luigi86
  DM800se ferrari 2nd stage BongoSelva 0 1,330 04-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Last Post: BongoSelva
  2nd failed! - DM800HD SE Clone Bean 1 3,359 03-18-2015, 08:00 PM
Last Post: fairbird
  Failed open Com Port adisolar 1 3,343 11-04-2014, 11:07 PM
Icon14 DM800se -Genuine , 2nd failed After Flash image touzene 14 10,274 01-31-2014, 01:53 PM
  NO CA or Image 2nd failed-- AT FLASH UP MODE!!! chotky 3 5,284 12-04-2013, 11:04 PM
  No CA or image 2nd Failed Help johny48 14 12,032 09-20-2013, 02:30 PM
  hello to all or problem with dm800se original 2nd failed paolo74 3 4,760 07-24-2013, 08:46 PM
  [SOLVED] no ca or image 2nd A8p (china) zapatavini 3 5,489 06-11-2013, 05:31 PM
  [SOLVED] DM800SE 2nd failed problem (DM800se-Ferrari Sim) mortsa 5 9,022 05-15-2013, 02:24 AM