Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
  • ¡Welcome to InfoServ!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: SOLVED Can't get bootloader to work (DM800Hse genuine)
Thread Modes
Icon8 
Hello,

I got a DM800HD se genuine which i have accidently flashed with a sim2 image. This resulted in a R01: no ca found.
I have registred my copy of optiflasher and i can communicate with my box over usb cable. I have downloaded the bootloader ssl84 for which i understand is for genuine boxes.
When I try to upload the firmware to the box it shows a bootlogo with a sim2 picture and a ip adress that is 192.168.1.77. My LAN with DHCP is a 192.168.0.x so I cant contact the box over ip... I assume that the box doesn't contact the DHCP server. LAN cable is connected.

What am I doing wrong? Still got the "ca not found" when i boot the box.

Thanks for all your help

Here how to flash original SSl84 by optiflasher:
1-See this topic and use "Flashing by Null modem cable only without Network lan" method
[Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]
2-After select Advanced..Then Detect ports and also change Loader to "LD2" This is for Genuine box
3-Continue pictures tutorial in there topic...

If you solve your problem let us know..

I have read the thread and looked at the picture and it looks pretty straight forward. When I try to do this on my box I get to the point where I get the possibility to choose which image I want to upload. After I have chosen my .nfi file nothing happens. seems like nothing is uploading...
I´m using LD2.

This is how it looks after I have chosen an image, then nothing happens...

What else shall I try?

Your choice was wrong...
1-Write image (for flash image)
2-Write Bootloader (for flash SSl)

So you should select Write Bootloader. And if you flash bootloader and box not boot.
Then again Flash SSl84 and don't reboot box direct flash original image. And unplug then plug box.

ok, so:
1: flash the SSL84 bootloader
2: dont reboot the box.
3: flash the original image.
4: unplug the box for a while and boot.

correct?

thanks

(06-04-2012, 10:06 PM)fairbird Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Your choice was wrong...
1-Write image (for flash image)
2-Write Bootloader (for flash SSl)

So you should select Write Bootloader. And if you flash bootloader and box not boot.
Then again Flash SSl84 and don't reboot box direct flash original image. And unplug then plug box.

Yes...correct
So you solved the problem?
If you solved let us know..to closed thread.
Next time if you want flash new image use "Flash image with network lan only" it's faster method. And no need to flash SSl again.

hrm... I just can´t get it right.

When I boot the box I have to choose "No ca found" to be able to boot the box at all. otherwise I will get No ca found.
After the box has started I tried to do the bootloader update. That process seems to start (according to the sequence) but then nothing happens. see picture.

If I try to load the full IMAGE direct after, Optiflasher tells me to power on the box which results in that I need to reboot the box. The process for updating the image is the same as the boot loader... it seems to start but nothing is happening...

I have tried to contact the box via 192.168.1.77 (as is shown in the display) but the box is not answering...

advice?

Again you have made mistake.. Y15
In the picture shown your box is 800se not 800 Y10
And you flash secondstage for 800 that is wrong...
here right SSl for your box.. Y02
[Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]

Ok sorry, my bad. Did not realize that there were different boot loaders for different 800 models.

How do I flash a .ipk file? Optiflasher requires .nfi files when I try to update both boot loader and image.

I found this:
[Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.] which should be the same right?
this did not work either...

(06-05-2012, 10:32 PM)fairbird Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]

This is original bootloader and this is for your box...
So try with Dreamup 1.3.3.9 here [Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]
Open dreamup--remove check from option "use Network"--select right com--click connect--plug your box--wait until show windows to select SSl.
If your box not booting, Then flash original image for "800se" make sure it is for 800se not 800 Y06

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OptiFlasher doesn't work Kalle08-15 1 2,749 11-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Kalle08-15
  Flash image or bootloader with Recoverd bad sectors by Interface browser fairbird 0 15,761 07-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Last Post: fairbird
  [SOLVED] bootloader error (Dreambox 800 - original) radmatocha 1 5,295 04-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Last Post: fairbird
  [SOLVED] probably damaged Bootloader (DM800Se-Sim 2.10 kwabh 5 10,667 03-16-2012, 07:08 AM
Last Post: kwabh