Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
  • ¡Welcome to InfoServ!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Hardware could not be verified
Thread Modes
Try optiflasher ....with same steps..

I have spent 20 quid to buy new crossover cable and a gold plated USB A to USB 5 pin mini cable.

I will continue to try. I almost gave up on this box, but for the sake of education, understanding Linux, gaining some experience and passion for satellite hobby I will give it another chance.

hello mate,
with my new cables, I couldn't get any positive result.
I then resorted to using dreamup version 1.3.9.9, I was able to get to the web interface but after flashing this is the message I get from dreamup

18:16:45 box type: DM800SE
18:19:35 Calculating checksum...
18:26:47 Got wrong response from box: 15.976 - load config
16.002 - config loaded.
* press [S] to enter setup
OLED found!
color oled reset
lcd: BOOT #84
P23 detected!
- read config file: /boot/secondstage.conf
detected old jffs2 sig.. disable hw ecc
detected jffs2 blocksize: 16kb
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
dreamupd initialized
Scanning JFFS2 FS: . | / - \ | / - \ | / - \ | /  done.

find_inode failed for name=secondstage.conf

load: Failed to find inode

- failed to open /boot/secondstage.conf
lcd: *** SERIAL SETUP ***
c Dreambox ADVANCED SETUP UTILITY Information Network Misc Boot ExitÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙInformationProduct???Bootloader VersionBuild #84 (2011-09-01)Board revisionN/ASerial NumberN/AMAC AddressN/AProduction DateN/ANull, close
Null, close
Null, close
nand-set-pen
Writing to flash memory, please do not turn off power!
Null, close
02814000 bad
Firmware upgrade complete. You may restart your Dreambox now.
forcing reboot!
Null, close
nand-set-pen
Writing to flash memory, please do not turn off power!
Null, close
02814000 bad
Firmware upgrade complete. You may restart your Dreambox now.

Your advise is very much appreciated. I have got a few question too.

1. when your flash a box where does the flashing image reside. Is it in the sim or one of the memory modules (components) on the mother board?

2. will buying a new SIM, (eg A8P) eradicate this problem?

3. what causes 2nd Failed problem?

4. where does the SSL.nfi reside, is it in the sim?

As i said before just try with optiflasher (it is more helpful then another tools)

1-If you flash image will be go to internal flash normally not in sim (sim is just security)
2-Yes if you buying new sim will fix your issue but must be for you box not for another on as like as 800Hd or 500HD>
3-The cause is secondstage doesn't flash correctly to box and it can not make connects between sim and motherboard...
4-Yes

Hello mate please have a look at the images below, a successful "no ca found repair". Please take note of the text in red rectangle.

I have observed that it is different from the message I get from the NCF tool when I do the repair. See image of mine below

I always missed the authorisation ID: xxxxxx part.

The NCF tool hangs at "finalising job phase2...please...wait". During this time the dreambox boots and show "hardware could not be found" on the tv screen.

I have tried NCF tool versions 2.5 and 3.0, I get the same result.

Now my point is why is NCF tool not getting the "authorisation ID" and what is "authorisation ID"?
I think the solution lies somewhere in there.

best regards and I truly, do appreciate your time and support.

NB: this problem (Hardware could not be verified) started when I mistakenly did an online software update.

As i said more and more, Use optiflasher better ...

Thank you mate. Finally, I think I have to buy a new sim 2.10 foe dm800se. I will keep you updated.

I would have preferred the new A8P for dm800se. What is your advise please, will it work on my dm800se since the box originally came with Sim2.10?

Hello mate, Happy New Year to you all.
My new sim 2.10 arrived some days back and thought in this new year it will be me new changes.

However, with the new sim my box continues display 2nd Failed or Hardware could not be verified when flashed in optiflasher or NCF.

I don't know what to do next. Please, will JTAG solve the problem or can you show me which component is the flash and if I can get a replacement for it?

1-Put old sim in box
2-Flash new image for new sim (sim2.10)
3-Turn off power from Box
4-Now change sim remove old one and put new
5-Turn on power to box

This is correct steps to change sims......