Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
  • ¡Welcome to InfoServ!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: SOLVED Cant flash Ferrari 8000 using the serial port
Thread Modes
Have a 8000 Ferrari clone that I want to flash with serial connection. Have tried DreamUp, Ferrari Filler & Optiflasher. No success on any of them.
Have replaced the PSU since the old one was causing reboots.
I have tested 2x usb->rs-232 without any progress.
I have tested a old computer with XP and RS-232 port and nullmodem cable without any progress. Tested the cable by connecting 2/3 and the cable is fine.
Connected to the box using Hyperterminal and was able to see the same info as when you log into telnet when in flash-mode so there seems to be a working connection.
But I can't access it using optiflasher with RS-232.

Any ideas?

Give us out put result from Hyperterminal ....

(06-29-2013, 06:46 PM)fairbird Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Give us out put result from Hyperterminal ....
I have to run 115200 and xon/xoff to get any result. This is what it looks like when the box is stopped in "Flash mode", i.e same as what you see on the first page if you connect to the box using telnet.

Information

Product DM8000
Bootloader Version Build 87F (2012-02-02)
Board revision 5
Serial Number 123xyz-and-so-on
MAC Address 00:09:34:1c:6b:63
Production Date 2012-05-31

Please read this topic and give me full message
[Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]

When I do as per your instruction I still get nothing. There is no sign of life on the Hyperterminal and the box just boots up as normal.

If I start the box and put it into flash-mode I get this below. NB! I don't get anything on the Hyperterminal if I don't push a button on the keyboard first

FERRARI ADVANCED SETUP UTILITY
Information Network Misc Boot Exit
ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿
³ ³
³ Information ³
³ ³
³ Product DM8000 ³
³ Bootloader Version Build 87F (2012-02-02) ³
³ Board revision 5 ³
³ Serial Number 9C0510150021619 ³
³ MAC Address 00:09:34:1c:6b:63 ³
³ Production Date 2012-05-31 ³
³

It's exactly the same as you see if you connect to the box with telnet in flash-mode.

This is mean you have connection problem ...
-From cable
-From pc
-From Box
Best thing to take the box to the technician...to make test on port and usb input

(07-01-2013, 12:59 AM)fairbird Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.This is mean you have connection problem ...
-From cable
-From pc
-From Box
Best thing to take the box to the technician...to make test on port and usb input

Ok,
What I can't understand is that I can connect to the box when it's in Flash-mode but not otherwise. It's like the serial port is switched off in normal operation mode. Think it might be an issue with the serial port in the box.

Did you tried to change Budrate between (5700) and (115200) in optiflasher?

(07-01-2013, 02:06 AM)fairbird Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Did you tried to change Budrate between (5700) and (115200) in optiflasher?

No success.
But I get an error message when I start Optiflasher
Access violation at address 00441E8B in module 'DreamBox-OptiFlasher-Pro-E2-v2.0.0.5.exe'. Read of address 00000000

That message mean as i said before Connection issue :(

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  800HD SE problem com port? kosovac54 0 733 08-16-2019, 10:00 PM
Last Post: kosovac54
  Failed open Com port helstoen 1 2,176 01-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Last Post: helstoen
  DM800HD image backup with serial abs351 4 4,791 09-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Last Post: abs351