Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
  • ¡Welcome to InfoServ!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Dead DM800HD Se
Thread Modes
Hi thanks,

I've already tried reseating the sim and tried sunray flashup and dreamoem tools . still nothing.

J

Did you connect your box with pc by lan cable direct or throw router? Try to connect direct..

I have been using a cross cable to connect the box directly to the PC. I will try using straight cables and a router.

J

Ok tried with a 4 port switch built into a router and still the same - optiflash cannot find the box - although i do see a link light appearing on the router when i switch the DB on.

J

Don't use router (direct better)..and give me out put Hyperterminal
[Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]

when you say direct do you mean a cross cable?

also, the output varies within hyperterminal it is usually as below but sometimes is get to the copy code section but then dies. See my first post as i copied the output from putty but the below is from hyperterm.

Shmoo Version=3.8
DDR Freq=0x0000018C
%00000001%
G=00000000 R=00000000 W=00000000 00000020
K6
F

when you say direct do you mean a cross cable?

I mean put lan cable directly between pc and box and not important cross or normal..

HyperTerminal information doesn't help (A few information)

my box was not getting recognised but i soon realised there is a problem i have to unplug power and plug back in a number of times before it would kick in i suggest trying that it worked for me and i was able to recover no ca error and when i say a number of times i mean lots keep trying unplug and plug back in till optiflasher recognises your box

fairbird, ok wasn't sure whether the port on the DB was autosensing so will try a straight through cable too.

The output from hyperterm is as far as the box gets I believe F at the end means FAULT at which point it fails. Does the box need to boot more before it can be flashed?

There is very little output on the flashing tools to determine whether they are seeing the output from the serial port and whether they looking for a specific strings/character stream on the serial or whether they are just sensing the port status.

Is there a way to force a flash without detecting the box?
Would replacing the 39vf040 prom allow me to flash the box or would i need to program the chip before putting it into the DB?

thanks

J

WAJ1980, i've probably power cycled the box about 50times to get it to be detected and still nothing.

Closed...Not Followed

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Request] DM 520 DEAD @ DM820 masrhobyana 4 2,770 09-03-2018, 11:16 PM
Last Post: masrhobyana
  DB 800hdse a8p dead? lefrere27 3 3,193 07-06-2015, 12:27 AM
Last Post: fairbird
  DM800 HD se DEAD akai=takis 4 5,235 02-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Last Post: fairbird