Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
  • ¡Welcome to InfoServ!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: No CA
Thread Modes
Hi,
I am here again withe same problem
Dreambox 800HD PVR
Sim201
BL #84a

Problem --No CA error and both LED's lit on LAN connection

I had a success some months ago but the same method using Dreamup this time has failed.
I have never been successful in connecting with Optiflasher nor NCF Sim repairer.
The problems all seem to surround the inability to connect.
With is in mind is it posible for you to answer the specific questions I would like to ask.

1.------I have now got two reg keys for OptiFlasher but it is not clear how to use them. If I paste them in I get a message back saying key length does not match when I press the donate box. What is the method of entry version 1.08
Version 1.09 always give me a message back say "not registered. I am using Advance 2 mode. I cannot get into LD2 mode only works in LD1
2.------ This applies to all methods , Dreamup, NCF Sim and Optiflasher-----what is the pin configuration for the 9 pin Null Modem cable. I have tried all sorts of configuration, partial, loopback, full, simple etc. but no method seem to allow any connection using any of the three softwares metioned.
3.-------Should Com port 1 be set to any other settings besides the default settings.
4.--------Would you recommend the right O.S to use . I have tried Win 7, XP and Win 8.

Reading on the forum it appears that the inability to connect is the major issue hence that is why I am asking the specific question with regards to the configuration of the Com Port and Null Modem 9 pin connecton.

Many thanks

1-Download last version better and key you can use it on any version..If you registered optiflasher before in old version so you don't need to register new version just put new release on same folder for old one then will you see new version full license.
2-Have a look this topic..
[Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]
3-No, must be select right com, not necessarily number 1 or 2 or any number ..
4-Optiflasher Tested on xp, vista and 7 all work well ..

Your problem 90% from connection maybe from pc maybe from null cable..

(01-27-2013, 03:07 PM)fairbird Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]
3-No, must be select right com, not necessarily number 1 or 2 or any number ..
4-Optiflasher Tested on xp, vista and 7 all work well ..

Your problem 90% from connection maybe from pc maybe from null cable..

Sorry
What is the latest version and where can I download it?
How do you input the registration key?

Here topic for last and update optiflasher (latest version was v2.0.0.3)..
[Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]

Read this topic how to register...and if you have key put it in " Optiflasher Free Support registration key" as second picture shown in this topic..

(01-28-2013, 01:46 AM)fairbird Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]

Read this topic how to register...and if you have key put it in " Optiflasher Free Support registration key" as second picture shown in this topic..

When I try to input the keys I have one says incorrect key kength the other says not valid key.

(01-30-2013, 12:57 PM)YASSINOV Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]

I now have my registration entered correctly in OptiFlasher 2.03
Tried Comm port serial(RS232) all combination including your lead in diagram
Tried a USB to serial(non Prolific version)
Tried all combinations of lead including the one in your diagram.
Can see transmit activity on pin 3 coming out of the box but still no communication from OptiFlasher.
All thes have been tried with Dreamup including using enforcer(always comes back with "file too big"
Have tried all combinations of flow control in port properties.
I am getting a little lost for ideas. Can u help

So..
Now you have problem with connection and must be fix your box with null mode cable not possible with lan cable..
So try another cable or another pc (win xp better)

(02-07-2013, 04:57 PM)fairbird Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.So..
Now you have problem with connection and must be fix your box with null mode cable not possible with lan cable..

I am using null modem configuration all the time I am not using lan.
I have tried every combination I can find of null modem connections.
I must admit I am not using XP

(02-07-2013, 04:57 PM)fairbird Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.So..

I have tried xp still no communication with the Optiflasher software, NCF 2.5 or Dreamup.
I am using USB serial adapter which communicates fully with a Dreambox 500S with null modem lead connected in the way you suggest and tried swoping the box when connected with no luck--Have you any ideas?

Most of the problems here in the Forum if you read it from the cable or port in computer..this is the reason why box doesn't recognize with software optiflasher .. So as i said try all things suspect it try another null cable and as Yassinov mentioned try "Baudrate: 57600"..