Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
  • ¡Welcome to InfoServ!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: DM800HD image backup with serial
Thread Modes
Hello Team,

Hope you are doing well; I have an old DM800 hd pvr which I don’t want to factory default and I would like to access the units FTP facility to copy off a few files. The device has been locked down. I can’t install tuxbox. I have also tried to FTP, SSH, Telnet, HTTP, the box is locked down. I managed to run a port scanner tool and noticed the SSH port has been changed. I have now managed to access the unit. Via SSH but a password prompt appears. I have tried via serial and pressing the S option but not much information can be retrieved from there.
The image is Black Hole.
as mentioned before I can’t seem to install tuxbox via any hot keys i have gone through the whole menu via the remote. in the past I have managed to do this.
I’m able to access the CCam web interface via port 16001 but can’t retrieve the cline information. My last option is to look at defaulting the root via serial. this can be done on dm500's

before i wipe the box, would anyone know how i could back up the image via serial or network without knowing the root PWD.
Noticed Optiflasher has the option to backup, but cant get it to work

thanks

i have tried everything. the image doesnt have an option to add TSpanel of such also. i can not access anything. only suggestion is to wipe the password or backup the unit.
thanks again

100% password changed ..So no way to access your box with out correct password ...
Google (how to reset default password E2) under this name (john_1.7.2-3_mipsel)

hi Friend

thanks for the info, but it seems this Black Hole Image has no option anywhere to install the plugin.

thanks

anyone able to utilze optiflasher to backup the DM800 image.. once i have the NFI file i should be ok.
can i do anything with a jtag, backup flash?

(09-02-2014, 08:18 AM)YASSINOV Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Backup NFI is not working with serial should be in (Tv Mode) with a working box

would there be a future option to perform this? what do you mean in exactly TV mode and working box? overall I don't have to the devices password.the unit is working well I'm hoping to backup the device before I reload a new NFI file.

Your assistance will be a great help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clone dm800hd cant flash new image stuck on 1% icepopa 0 2,032 09-07-2017, 09:26 PM
Last Post: icepopa
  optiflasher image backup is not selectable claude1000 2 3,738 12-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Last Post: fairbird
  [SOLVED] Cant flash Ferrari 8000 using the serial port Ablitz 10 13,722 07-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Ablitz
  [SOLVED] Image Backup (dm800se-sim 2.10 ) mickeez 3 6,687 03-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Last Post: BM300